Thursday, November 18, 2004

Attracting Visitors to your Web log - DIY

posted by ShyK at 01:29

Let me start with a cliche – Blogs are individual, each one being an outlet in some fashion for the owner. A week or so ago – I decided I needed my own outlet on venting my rants and started this blog. A week down the line, I have started feeling the need for an audience. I dream of getting slashdotted but then if wishes were horses…

Thats where I started my quest to get some eye balls. Did a bit of Googling and found quite a few sites that talked about writing well, being unique and even about Google Bombing. I even discovered Blog Shares - a fantasy stock market where weblogs are the companies valued by their incoming links but nothing that actually would help me get visitors. Not to be discouraged – I changed the keywords (ha ha) and Voila – I found a mine of sites

I would break up the sites into four classes – .

  • Search Engines
  • Web Log Directories
  • Traffic Exchange Sites
  • Feed Syndication Sites

Its too early for me to say if these sites work – but if you are reading this blog – at least one of them does.

Search EnginesWeb Log DirectoriesTraffic Exchange SitesSyndication Sites Additional Reading

Labels:

Post a comment 3 comments
3 Comments:

haha. via be here. so count that as actually working :)
cheers.

By Blogger Cathy sue, at 12:48 AM  

There's a difference between getting a lot of people to get to your blog and having regular readers. Anyone can join things like blogexplosion (which I'm finding you on) or putting in words that you know people will search on.

Good writing is something that will bring people back - presenting everyday occurrences into something people will want to read about and find interesting.

Good luck! The blogging world can be tough at times, but it's definitely addictive!

By Blogger Yano, at 4:01 AM  

Thanks! This is great information. I gave you an excellent rating and linked you on my blog.

By Blogger Tom Carter, at 7:26 AM